Solos for Young Cellists - Volume 6
Cello and Piano
Volume 6. Selections from the Cello Repertoire. Arranged by Compiled, edited, and arranged by Carey Cheney. Instrumental Solo Book and Piano Accompaniment Book. 108 pages. Published by Alfred Music (21380X).
Solos for Young Cellists is an eight-volume series of music compilations with companion CDs. The series ranges from elementary to advanced levels and represents a truly exciting variety of musical genres and techniques. This collection of wonderful music offers young cellists the opportunity to work in various positions, techniques, meters, keys, and musical styles. Many of the works have long been recognized as stepping stones to the major instrumental repertoire, while others are newly published pieces and original compositions, providing an exciting and diverse choice of study. The collection will become a valuable resource for teachers and students of all ages and levels.
- Song Without Words, Op. Posthumous 109- F. Mendelssohn
- Sonata in C Major, G. 6- L. Boccherini (keyboard realizations and cello accompaniment setting by Claude Kenneson)
- Piece pour violoncelle, Op. 77 ("Papillon")- G. Faure
- Prayer from "Jewish Life"- E. Bloch
- Eclectic Suite ("Pops' Cycle")- M. Forsyth Potpourri Song of Light Ripsnorter Finale