One of the premiere Parisian luthiers and experts of his generation, Clement established his shop in Paris in 1810 and stayed in business for nearly 40 years. Among his employees were a young Georges Chanot, and Thomassin. Based mostly on the model of the great Lupot, Clement won medals at the Paris Exhibitions of 1823 and 1827. This violin is a characteristic example of his work, drawing a sumptuous sound, well balanced across all strings. It is accompanied by a Rampal certificate.