Violin String Method. 32 pages. Rubank Publications
This excellent scale book for beginning and intermediate violinists covers all keys up to three sharps/flats and their relative minors. Exercises are made interesting (and effective) with the use of numerous formats, including:
- Slurred, staccato, detached and détaché bowings
- Rhythmic exercises in all time signatures for both scales and arpeggios
- Long tone scales for tone study
- Scales in broken thirds and broken sixths
- Also includes a full page each of daily scale exercises and chromatic exercises.