The Nürnberger family worked in close concert with each other to fashion some of the finest bows in Germany. They maintained a high level of artistry over the course of their prolific oeuvre, frequently working on Tourte model bows. With luthiers in the family dating back to the early 18th century, the Nürnbergers flourished as bow makers beginning in the late 19th century, and are now widely recognized as the standard bearers of German bow making.
In 1890, Albert Nürnberger Jr. (b. 1854-d.1933) started branding the workshop's bows in order to make a name for the family. The workshop had already been producing fine bows for several decades, but had usually supplied bows to other shops anonymously. By signing their works, the family built up their business and established their reputation. The earliest stamp, in a font sans serif, was later changed to a font with serifs in 1910 before ultimately settling on the most widely used stamp, *ALBERT NÜRNBERGER*, in 1920.