We have increased our range of instruments and sizes
- 1/16 to 4/4 in student models
- 1/8 to 4/4 in Jay Haide model 101 (including 7/8 size)
- 3/4 and 4/4 in Jay Haide á l'ancienne (please call for availability of smaller sizes in this model)
- 4/4, Jay Haide á l'ancienne, Baroque model
- 12 1/4", 13", 14", sizes to 16" in student models
- 13", 14", and sizes to 16 1/2" in Jay Haide model 101
- for Jay Haide á l'ancienne model, please call for size availability
- 1/10 to 4/4 in student models
- 1/8 to 4/4 in Jay Haide model 101, including 7/8 and small and large 1/2 sizes
- 4/4 in Jay Haide á l'ancienne model
- 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 carved bass. Please call in advance, especially for smaller sizes.
All outfits include bow, rosin, and case (soft bag for cellos and basses). If you are not sure which size is right for you, we will help you to figure it out. Please start by checking our sizing guide.
Notes on models:
"Student" instruments are of various makes, including Suzuki, Becker, and others. Some of the cellos are of plywood, as are the least expensive basses. We set them up well, and they are easy to play. However, their tone quality is limited. These instruments are set up with steel strings, such as D'Addario Prelude, and are good for starting out or for school use.
Jay Haide 101: This model is made completely by hand, of finer wood, with attention to detail, giving these instruments a very resonant quality. The violins and violas are set up with good quality synthetic core strings and the cellos are set up with steel core strings of appropriate quality. These instruments are suitable for players of all levels who seek a better tone.
Jay Haide á l'ancienne: This is our finest model in the rental department; these instruments have an especially nice tone and are suitable for more advanced players. The varnish has been antiqued and the wood has been very well chosen for its sound qualities. We often rent these to professional musicians who need a second instrument.